Stalking the flats for Bonefish and Redfish is the favorite pastime of may fly fishers, and these strong species were what Abel had in mind when the Super 7-8N was designed. A narrow-width spool all but eliminates the need to guide the line onto the reel, while its large arbor allows for an incredible retrieve rate, perfect for recovering line after a blistering run! The Super 7-8N will easily hold a saltwater 7- or 8-weight line with plenty of backing to spare, and gives you the stopping power necessary to slow down the hottest of gamefish.
- Reel frame, spool, drag knob and foot
Made of 6061-T651 cold finished Aerospace grade aluminum
- Teflon sealed bearings
ISO9001:2000 and AS9100 Certified FAA TSO
C149 Aircraft Bearings
- Cork Drag System is made entirely in our factory
We use a superior high grade Portuguese cork with a little neats-foot oil on it.
- Double Pawl System
Super Series reel sizes 6 and larger are built sound with our recently upgraded double pawl system. Advantages include:
- Increased reliability, back-up strength and unique
- FlexABELity: Interchange Large & Standard Arbors spools
- Made in the USA
- lSpool Option: Large Arbor
- Weight (Oz.): 6.8
- Spool Diameter (Inches): 3.900"
- Spool Width (Inches): 0.850"
- Hub Diameter (Inches): 2.100"
- Line Wt / Yards / Backing:
- 7wt / 225yds / 20#
- 8wt / 200yds / 20#
- Reel Options
- Aluminum handles
- Left or Right hand retrieve
- Matching drag knob or foot
- Abel Arm
- Custom Engraving
- Solid or ported frames